Sunday, May 4, 2008

All Fabric, All the Time

If I had to write a list of my favorite things I think vintage fabric would be at the top, closely followed by coffee and donuts...yum, donuts...but I digress. I like the idea of making use of something discarded or used rather than buying new and I love all those retro prints.

I have challenged myself to use vintage or organic fabrics for all my sewing projects so I'm feverishly on the lookout for new sources. So you can imagine my delight when I came across True Up, a new blog completely devoted to fabric written by Kim Kight, of Dioramarama fame. Best of all, Kim is a huge lover of vintage fabric and thanks to her I’ve already found a couple of alternatives to Ebay and Etsy.

Vintage Lions and Zebras Seersucker

These two fabrics are from Antiquefabric.com. After I bought the Lions and Zebras Seersucker, Kim featured it as a Daily Swatch – one of my favorite parts of the blog. But even more fun is the Buck Rogers Flannel I picked up. It’s hard to find prints for boys in vintage fabric and this one is truly fabulous!

Vintage Buck Rogers Flannel

2 comments:

The Bruin Boy Bunch said...

retro fabric... and you haven't come to my garage?....

The Bruin Boy Bunch said...

oopppssss.... i just looked again Tracy didn't write this one... But maybe if you nudge her a little she will bring you to my garage