Monday, July 2, 2007

Tenfold Organic Textiles

I've been looking for an online source for organic fabric for ages. Well after much research and many wholesale and ugly, hard to use websites, I finally found one and I'm pretty excited. Tenfold Organic Fabrics operates out of Seattle, Washington and Nelson, BC Canada. They offer 100% naturally dyed organic fabrics using such plants as onion, indigo and turmeric. You can buy yardage and they also sell fat quarters by the bundle. Their website is easy to navigate and friendly AND, wait for it, they take PayPal!



I started out by ordering a swatch book and the fabrics were just lovely. I received my first order of 4 yards this week and I couldn't be happier. It's a little pricey at $20 a yard but I'll take what I can get for now. They sell many other products so check them out.

I'm still on the look out for a source for organic linen and hemp so if you know of anywhere let me know.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I love Tenfold too!

For hemp I would try http://www.hemptraders.com

Samantha said...

harmony - Thanks so much for the tip - i will definitely check it out